For this project you will need iron-on printer paper, a printer, an embroidery hoop, fabric for the transfer, embroidery thread, a needle, scissors, an iron, and if you want to color the hoop frame you will need some spray paint.
- Begin by printing a photograph onto the transfer paper. Be sure to read the paper’s directions first. Also be sure to reverse your photo before you print it so it ends up looking correct when you iron it onto the fabric. Cut the photo to size to get it ready to transfer to the fabric
- Now it is time to get the photo from the paper to the fabric. Flip the picture over so the backside of the paper is facing up. My paper had red graph lines. On your iron’s highest setting, carefully iron over the paper directly onto the fabric. Be sure to make sure the corners are ironed.
- Wait for the paper to cool down then carefully peel off.
- Place the fabric picture in the embroidery hoop and tighten. Use the embroidery thread to create a fun pattern on the photograph.
- When you are finished, carefully cut the fabric around the hoop. Now display!