- 2-1/2 cups Chocolate Chips, [I used dark chocolate chips because of their health benefits. Ghirardelli is a good brand and works well with this recipe)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, (canned, not in a carton)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, optional honey or maple syrup
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Fudge is perfect for the slow cooker because it doesn't scorch or burn.
Add chocolate chips, coconut milk, honey and salt, stir to combine. Cover and cook on low 2 hours without stirring. It's important that lid remain on during this 2 hours.
After 2 hours, turn the slow cooker off, uncover, add coconut oil and vanilla, stir to combine ingredients. Allow to cool in uncovered slow cooker, until fudge has reached room temperature...approximately 4 hours. Using a large spoon, stir vigorously for 5-10 minutes until it loses some the gloss.
Lightly oil a 1 quart casserole dish. Pour fudge into dish, cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Cut into 10 pieces. This fudge is very rich and meant to be eaten on occasion as a treat.
Note: Canned coconut milk can be found in the Asian or organic sections of most grocery stores.