we can make most of them using whole, unprocessed ingredients, in all their natural beauty, with no additives or preservatives whatsoever. And because most times DIY is so easy and satisfying!
So get your jars out and start filling them with raw, unprocessed, home made mustard in all it’s wholesome goodness!
Home made mustard with fresh herbs
Serves: 1.5 cups
- 2/3 cup (120gr) yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 TBSP fresh thyme
- 1.5 TBSP fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (depending on how hot you want the mustard you can use mild chili flakes or hot ones)
- 1/3 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water at room temperature
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water and add mustard seeds. Leave to soak for 2 to 3 days. The mustard seeds will absorb almost all the liquid and will start to smell like you’re about to make the best mustard on the planet.
- Add mustard mix to a blender, together with the rest of the ingredients, and blitz until you get a smooth consistency. If you think it’s too thick, add 2 TBSP of water at a time and continue to blend until you get it smooth.
- Spoon into jars, leaving no air bubbles if you can, and keep covered in the fridge.