This recipe for sweetened whipped cream will solve all your problems on how to get whipped cream to hold it’s shape for days.
If you’ve ever tried to make a dessert using whipped cream that lost it’s shape in no time flat, I’m here to help you make perfect whipped cream that will not only hold it’s shape, but will stay looking beautiful for days. The secret ingredient – skimmed milk powder (aka nonfat powdered milk or Non fat Instant Dry Milk)
- 1¼ Cup/310ml Whipping Cream
- 6-8 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon skimmed milk powder (aka nonfat powdered milk or Non fat Instant Dry Milk)
- Add powdered sugar (to taste), skimmed milk powder, and vanilla to the cream.
- Using a food processor, whip the cream until it thickens (this doesn't take long at all so check often). When you run a spoon through it, and it holds it's shape without falling back into the gap, it's ready to use.
- This recipe makes about 2 cups of whipped cream.