Because fresh is best and of course it is chemical free
- 6 medium cloves of garlic
- 4 red chilli peppers
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 and ½ tsp arrowroot powder + 6 tbsp water
- Cut chillies in half width ways and add them to the food processor.
- Chop garlic cloves in half and add them to the food processor.
- Add all the other ingredients with the exception of the arrowroot powder to the food processor.
- Blend until the chillies are all finely minced. You may need to take the lid off a couple of times and check how it is going, give it a mix, to make sure you don't have any big chunks of chilli.
- Pour this mixture into a medium sized saucepan and let it come to the boil on a medium-high heat.
- Once boiling reduce the heat a little so it is just simmering. Allow the mixture to bubble gently for about 3-4 minutes.
- While this is simmering in a small mixing bowl whisk together the water and arrowroot powder.
- Add this to the liquid in the saucepan so it will thicken. This process can take a little time. It took about 10 - 12 minutes for mine to come to a consistency I was happy with.
- You will need to stir frequently to make sure that the sauce does not catch on the bottom of the saucepan.
- Once thick enough for you, let it cool down. Once cooled funnel or pour it into your glass bottles.
- Keep in the fridge.