I knew those cooling racks would work! Hubby didn't think they would, that while bending them, I would break the weld. But heck for $1 I'm willing to try it! And I'm happy to say that it worked! Yeah, a couple of the welds didn't hold, but they work just fine!
Here's how I did it.
Bend the little legs flat as possible.
Then bend up the one side at the 4th wire. I used needle nose pliers to bend it.
Then skip one wire and bend the other side up.
I used this method for the smaller spice containers. The larger ones, I made them wider at the bottom by skipping 2 wires and then bending up the other side. It works great! You can see in the next picture.
Now the sides, aren't too fancy. I racked my brain trying to find a workable solution for the sides from twine to wire. I had this woven type of ribbon and just glued the ends together with my glue gun.
Hey, it works! And you can see how I put them on the pantry door. I measured and hung them with screws that had a large head on them. After they were hung, I tightened the screw to hold in place. Pretty simple.
They don't bang around when I open the door and none have fallen. I can find all of my spices sooo easy and they are organized so I don't use the wrong one.
Many thanks to Story Book house for the tutorial