Pan-Fried Bananas with Coconut Cream
- 2 ripe, but firm bananas, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (chilled in fridge overnight)
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
Toppings: coconut flakes
- Over medium heat, melt coconut oil and honey in skillet. Add cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract, and "swirl" to combine.
- Place sliced bananas in skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes
- each side. Be sure to watch bananas as they caramelize to ensure they don't brown.
- Remove from heat, and remove the bananas from pan.
- While bananas are cooling, remove can of coconut milk from fridge and open upside down. Gently pour out the coconut water that is separated and sitting on top of the coconut cream into a separate bowl.
- Place the thick cream that remains in a mixing bowl and whip until peaks form (about 2-3 minutes on high if using a mixer.) Add honey while whipping.
- If the separate cream is somewhat solid, add a tablespoon or two of the separate coconut water back to the cream while whipping to give it a creamy texture.
- Layer bananas, coconut cream, sliced almonds, and coconut flakes in a bowl. Take picture of your masterpiece for Instagram, and consume. Serves 2-3.
Nom nom nom