This is a winner
Using plain brand short bread and condensed milk does in fact make this an inexpensive dessert and a very tasty one at that
- 250g packet shortbread cream biscuits
- 60g butter, melted, cooled
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 600ml tub thickened cream
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, plus extra, to serve
- packet strawberry jelly crystals
- White chocolate curls, to serve
Step 1Using a food processor, process shortbread biscuits until fine crumbs. Add butter. Process until just combined. Press mixture over the base and side of a 6cm-deep, 20cm (base) springform cake pan, leaving a 2cm gap from the top. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Step 2Using an electric mixer, beat condensed milk, vanilla and 1/2 of the cream until soft peaks form. Fold in raspberries. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Level top with a spatula. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
Step 3Using an electric mixer, beat remaining cream until just thickened. Add jelly crystals. Beat until soft peaks form. Spoon onto pie. Using a spatula, make peaks in cream. Freeze for 1 hour or until just firm.
Remove pie from pan and place on a serving plate. Top with extra raspberries and sprinkle with chocolate curls. Serve.