- 8 ounces medium shell pasta
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli during last 2-3 minutes of cook time. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add flour and cooking, stirring, for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk and chicken broth and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbling and thickened. Remove from heat and add cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
- Add the drained pasta, broccoli, and chicken and stir to combine. If sauce becomes too thick, add milk as needed to thin.