Get your best, easiest, family friendly , never fail, or favourite plum pudding recipe and make it up
- Grease a 2L ceramic pudding bowl. Cut out a circle of baking parchment to fit in the base of the bowl then place that inside and grease. Transfer the pudding mixture to the prepared pudding bowl and pat down to ensure that there are no air pockets. or tap on counter top .
- Lay a large piece of tin foil on the counter top, then lay a piece of baking parchment on top of the foil. Make a 3cm wide pleat with the two sheets then place over the pudding bowl, tin foil on the outside, with the pleat crossing the middle of the bowl. Secure tightly with kitchen string around the rim of the bowl and then tie a sturdy string handle for ease of lifting the bowl in and out of the hot water. Trim any excess foil or baking parchment leaving about a 3cm overhang.
- Ensure that the water in the slow cooker is simmering then lower the pudding bowl into the water, ensuring that the water comes only half way up the side of the bowl. Adjust if necessary. Cover.
- Steam the pudding for 8 to 9 hours on high, topping up the water to the half way height when necessary.
- Remove from the slow cooker and if making ahead allow to cool. Remove the foil and baking parchment and cover with fresh foil and parchment, again securing with string. Store in a cool dark place for up to a year. If using the same day, invert over a serving plate and serve.
- This is so easy you will love it.