If you are anything like me you look for inexpensive meals you can cook and this is one of my favs. I cook this cut it into portions then freeze it but take my word for it this is great for families and when people drop in.
We have a rule in our house that if its not on sale we can not buy it so mince or ground beef depending on where you are from is always on sale so is always there to be used and finding interesting ways to use it is what makes life interesting.
So here we go
- One packet of pasta and I use anything other than spaghetti .
mince or ground beef depending what you call it
- and if you like add pork mince as well
- sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- two jars of pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- garlic two teaspoons and i use home brand crushed from coles
- a couple of cups of cups of cheese .... I am not fond of mozzarella cheese so I tend to use coles tasty cheese which I grate and I add parmesan cheese and often cream cheese.
- Aldi is good for all these cheeses and so is coles
You will need to cook your pasta and I use the whole packet or box
Fry your cut up onion add garlic and any spices you want and then brown off the mince lightly
In your slow cooker place half cooked pasta
add one jar of pasta sauce
add some cheese
add half cooked mince
add rest of pasta
add other jar of pasta sauce
top with cheese and pepperoni
cover with lid and cook on high for between one and two hours but check as each slow cooker is different.