I love using cake mix (from coles usually)
Cheesecake Filling and Whipped Topping
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2 packets of cream cheese, room temperature
- Grease an 8" springform pan with cooking spray.or use grease proof paper to line the pan
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients for vanilla cake. Pour ½ cup in pan, or enough to coat the bottom of your pan. (Save the rest of the batter for a separate cake or cupcakes!)
- Bake until golden and a toothpick comes out dry.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add sugar to combine, then gradually add cream and vanilla and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Press the slices of strawberry along the edge of the springform pan, so that the bottoms of the strawberries touch the cake. Place your whole strawberries on the surface of the cake leaving about a ½” between each. Cover with the cheesecake mixture and refrigerate for 5 to 6 hours.
- Garnish with more chopped strawberries. Serve.